Sunday, August 25, 2013

missing...

Today I've realized I really miss being in love.  I don't so much miss the relationship I miss the feeling of being in love with someone.  That crazy, warm, safe, happy, butterflies all around... just love feeling you have when there is that special someone you can't get out of your heart and who is so deep under your skin. 

I miss feeling that deep connection with someone.  That feeling where you can almost read each other's minds.  Where you can both look at each other and just smirk and laugh about something that happened days, weeks, months, or even years ago.  I miss that connection.  The ability to laugh with someone, to cry, to do nothing. Now my new boyfriend is an amazing man.  He is very kind, and is always there for me.  He has held me while I cried and comforted me and made me laugh.  I really enjoy spending time with him, but we just don't have a deep connection yet and honestly with all the emotional scar tissue I have at the moment I am scared I will never be able to have that kind of connection again. 

So yeah - those are my thoughts for the day. Not sure exactly how to get past this issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment