Friday, August 9, 2013

Hopeful






I found this picture online after my break-up.  It is what I hope to one day be able to say and mean it.  Now my ex wasn't all bad - but he did do something that were fairly cruel.  He told me he didn't find me attractive, told me that my breasts were too small ( I'm a 44DDD), and then would tell me about other women who he did find attractive.  He was sweet in his own way at time, he would tell me that he needed me, that he loved me, and no matter what he did or where he went he needed me in his life.  All that turned out to be untrue it seems as he broke my heart and then replaced me.  He hardly ever complimented me, which made the few times he did very special.

The worst part of this break-up is how he has completely removed me from his life and I miss him very much.  He was my best friend for approximately 10 years, and when someone is in your life for that amount of time it is hard to lose them that easily - well for me it is - for him, apperantly not.

So now I try to tell myself that I deserve better.  I have a new leading man in my life right now and he is wonderful.  He is sweet, attentive, showers me with compliments and is always willing to spend time with me.  He never says I am needy, or crazy, or overreacting.  It is very nice.  He and I are taking things very slow with our relationship because I don't trust my heart yet to be open again, and I think he feels the same.  But we do enjoy each other's company and things are going well, still though - my heart is still healing - no matter how nice my new boyfriend is I still will need more time to heal these wounds.  I am glad my new guy understands this.

No comments:

Post a Comment